Rabu, 16 Juli 2014

My Experience and Progress in Producing some Essays in Writing 2

Imagine you have to go to your class on the 4th floor by using stairs while you are fasting. How does it feel ? This is one of the most memorable experiences when I take Writing 2 class with Mrs. Lina in this short semester. I can say that my experiences and progress in writing 2 class are troublesome and challenging.
 
At the first meeting, she asked each of us to give opinions about our own efforts in order to get score A for Writing 2 class. While we were doing the activity, I saw several friends passed along the corridor. Some of them waved their hand to us. I knew that their class has already ended earlier because it was the first meeting. I was quite jealous of them. For the last 20 minutes, she asked us to make an outline for our first essay. After that she asked us to do the peer review. I was lazy to do that because the time was almost 16.00 pm.

The next day, she asked all of us to do group review and filled the rubrics. This activity was boring and exhausting. In the middle of the class, I had to copy my essay. I went to the 1st floor by using stairs because the elevator did not work. This was tiring; moreover, it was fasting day and we studied at 13.20, a critical time for anyone who is fasting.

On the third day, Mrs.Lina asked us to discuss about discussion essay. She showed us several essays that were written by other students. Those were good and well-constructed. At the end of the meeting, she asked us to make outline for the discussion essay. I was confused in choosing good topic. Finally, I chose topic about TRANS Padang because it is my daily transportation. At night, after doing tarawih, I went to the internet cafe next to my home to search the references about my topic. At 22.30, I came back home because I was very sleepy, although I had not finished my job yet. I would continue it tomorrow.

On the fourth day, I forgot that I had not printed my references yet. I had to go down stairs because the electricity was off. Moreover, I had to find the internet cafe that could able print my references. It was so hard because the electricity was off. That day,  Mrs. Lina did not come but we still had to collect the essay. Still, we had to filled the rubrics again. It was so boring. That day I forgot to bring my laptop. I felt so happy when Ayu lent me hers. Finally at 17.00, my essay was finished and I could go home happily.

On the sixth day, Mrs. Lina came and gave our essay back. I got C for my first essay and B for my second essay. She said that we have to do more correction on our essay and improve them again. I was bored to do the same thing again and again.

Deep in my heart, I was bored do the same things everyday. I have never imagined that taking Writing 2 in this short semester will be this hard. My struggle  is even heavier because I take this class when we are all fasting. Besides, several things also make the experience even harder. In summary, studying Writing 2 in this short semester is complicated and difficult.

12 komentar:

  1. adding picture make your essay is interesting....
    over all your essay is good...

    BalasHapus
  2. that's the great story..

    but "progress" can be changed " progresses".

    I don't know what to say anymore...
    :-)

    BalasHapus
  3. this is a good story and the conclusion clearly enough I think kak :)

    BalasHapus
  4. kak, you should use "I" in your essay. because your title is about "My Experience and Progress in Producing some Essays in Writing 2"
    look at the second paragraph
    "At the first meeting, she asked each of us to give opinions about our own efforts in order to get score A for Writing 2 class."
    you can change with "At the first meeting, she asked MY FRIEND and I to give opinions about our own efforts in order to get score A for Writing 2 class"

    BalasHapus
  5. You have a good essay,sis. You are very detail for adding supported explanation to your essay

    BalasHapus
  6. your essay is good. your introduction can attracted the attention of the reader, but it is better for you to develop more you introduction.

    BalasHapus